The Library in Seabury
These photographs show the library collection in its original location in the southernmost wing of Seabury Hall, basement and first floors. This space housed the library from 1878 until the summer of 1914, when it was moved to the new reading room in Williams Memorial.
Page 234 of the 1914 edition of the Ivy states the Library held 65,000 volumes. A "Reference Reading Room" was open "every day and 5 evenings of the week." Walter Benjamin Briggs served as the Librarian, with the assistance of a two-person library committee, and four student assistants.